Product Director and Software Engineer
Experience building and deploying mission-critical solutions, in Agile and Waterfall models, for the Financial Services and Telco industries in different countries.
Led large geographically-dispersed and multi-disciplinary teams to launch digital solutions following best SDLC practices and Test-Driven Development.
Freelancer | 2022 - Present
- Freelancer and working as a Software Engineer in a professional capacity for 7 months. Implemented a Ray Tracer in Rust, a Vigenère Cipher in WebAssembly and Rust, and completed several professional courses focused on Rust, Typescript, System Design & Architecture, and Backend Development from Zero-To-Mastery Academy.
Director of Product Management
Fiserv, Inc. | 2014 - 2021
- Product Owner and leader of a cross-functional global team of 12+ people responsible for the Digital Banking Platforms, like Fiserv DigitalAccess , and Mobile Payments APIs in SaaS and OnPrem delivery models in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Headed the development of highly customized fintech Front End solutions in 8 countries for 12 financial institutions. Public speaker on Digital Banking technologies.
Deputy Director of Voice and Data Services
AT&T, Inc. | 2011 - 2014
- Led a team of 20+ people responsible for the Go-To-Market plan and production release of the mission-critical 2G & 3G Voice and Data services. Wrote and reviewed 50+ BRDs and 100’s of User Stories, and led their development in Agile and Waterfall models. Engaged with senior leaders for UAT and Production releases, in a Product and Business Owner capacity.
Founder and CTO
Blindatec, LLC (Startup) | 2009 - 2010
- Responsible for the technology stack and product portfolio. Sold and implemented access controls and security solutions for several clients in 3 cities. Exited company via equity sale.
Proposal Management Manager
Avaya, Inc. | 2007 - 2009
- Led 11 on-site engineers that provided premium support to strategic customers like Citi, Walmart, and AIG, among others. Owner of the Avaya Services commercial proposals’ process for specialized services. Created and presented daily management reports.
IT Senior Analyst
Televisa Corp. | 2003 - 2005
- Led the development of the Oracle Applications AR interfaces to SAP and other 20+ ERP & DB systems for invoice ingestion with PL/SQL, Java and VB. Headed the creation of the Brand Book and the HR Inventory Web Apps in .NET. Developed 50+ payroll SQL reports
Seguridata, LLC | 2003 - 2003
- Developed installers and stress testers in C++ and Delphi for the encryption solutions.
Bachelor of Science in Electronic Communications Engineering
Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México
2000 - 2004
- Product management
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Agile and Scrum
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Cross-functional management
- Effective communication
- Git / GitHub
Intellectual Property Rights:
Except where otherwise noted, the blog posts on this site are licensed by the author under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
Source code samples are licensed under MIT OR Apache-2.0.
This site is under Fair Use:
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act in 1976; Allowance is made for “Fair Use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship and research.
Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
All rights and credit go directly to its rightful owners. No copyright infringement intended.
The materials on this site comprise the author’s views; they do not constitute professional advice in any way whatsoever.
You access and use this site or any material contained in it at your own risk. You understand and agree that the information and any material contained on this site is presented on an “As Is” and “ As Available” basis, without any warranty.
The author is not liable for any damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the site.
This site offers links to other sites thereby enabling you to leave this site and go directly to the linked site. The author is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site. The author is not responsible for any transmission received from any linked site. The links are provided to assist visitors to the author site and the inclusion of a link does not imply that the author endorses or has approved the linked site.